Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mock Interview Reflection

I thought the mock interview was really helpful in preparing for life after college. I have never had to interview for a job before so this whole experience was new for me. I find it is relatively easy for me talk to people, but the added pressure of them having your fate in their hands makes it a little more challenging. This opportunity was a great experience and great preparation for our first steps into the "real world".

I think I did relatively well in my interview. I tried to answer questions honestly in order not to misrepresent myself. I did not feel as though the questions were too challenging, and if the real interview is like this, I have confidence that with a little more practice it would go very well.

I think I could have answered some questions a bit more concisely, as I felt sometimes I talked a bit too much and drew out my answers longer than they needed to be. I also would try to be more prepared with questions to ask the interviewer.

Overall, I am thankful for the experience, and I think it will pay off in the long run.

No comments: