Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Life in 10 Years...

My life in 10 years is an exciting thing to think about. I hope to be a successful lawyer practicing international human rights for the UN. I want to work throughout my life, and my biggest goal in the working world is to make a difference. I feel that my life will be well lived should I change something for the better. I feel that I have been given a lot; therefore I feel an obligation- one that I am have to indulge- to give back.
I hope to be married at this time as well. I see my husband sharing the same values and beliefs that I have. I hope to live in many different places, and at some point I would like to settle, but I don't know where that would be. I want to travel to Haiti for a significant amount of time, and I want to go to India, Tibet, Africa, and many other places for some short stints as well. In terms of children, I think I want to adopt, and right now, I am pretty convinced that I do not want any of my own. However, I am aware that this opinion might change.
It is hard to imagine my life in 10 years, but in the most basic sense, I hope that I am happy and well on my way to accomplishing my goals. Thankfully my schooling will be finished, and I will be starting and establishing my career. I hope for a loving and faithful husband to share all this with and as far as a family goes, I can only leave that to fate.
Whatever happens, I feel that it will happen for a reason, so I can only trust it.

No comments: